15x Ironman 70.3 Champion
Storming into the limelight of middle distance (half) racing in 2015 with a slew of wins, Sam Appleton has proved he is the next generation front man to watch.
Since 2015 Sam has consistently performed at a champion level on the Ironman 70.3 professional circuit recording 10 wins and a host of podiums. What’s most impressive is that he has consistently performed well against the best athletes in the world. In the last years, Appo has placed 4th and 5th in the world at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships, marking his quiet place as a win contender. Talk Less, Win More!
Sam is extremely intelligent and patient, waiting till the right time to step up to full Ironman racing. He speaks well and has already cemented long term partnerships from experienced industry companies. For the right partners, there is Tremendous opportunity for many years ahead with this unique world-class athlete. #Millennial #AussieStyle
Appo by the Numbers
- 18 Age when Sam began racing as a professional
- 1st 70.3 win came in 2013 at Canberra at age 23
- 6 Wins out of 8 in 2015 (one of the non-wins was a 2nd)
- 2 Role models that he beat at IM Cairns 70.3 (Craig ‘Crowie’ Alexander and Tim Reed – coach)
- 2 Times where Sam has finished top 5 in the world at 70.3 distance
- 15 wins at Sam's age is top-class....odds will be stacked in his favor when it comes to predicting big wins in the future
- 1 Ironman now under Sam's belt as of late 2019. The Iron future is bright for this consistent performer.